Search This Blog

Thursday 8 August 2013

DIY gift for those who don't want to DIY a gift

This is my $8 DIY gift for people who do not want to DIY gifts.   Its not so much "making" a gift as it is assembling gift items. This is my gift for a girls fifth birthday : A Fort Kit
The plaid fabric is what I used to make my carry case

This fort kit includes everything they need to build a fort, such as:

blanket $3
clamps $1
clothes pins $1
rope $1
glow sticks $1
lantern $1
(all these items were conveniently found at one dollarstore)
bag/ carry case made from on hand materials, but you could just as easily pick up a pillowcase from the same dollarstore)
Total cost $8

Something like this gift is perfect for this particular girl who is very bright and curious. Although the gift recipient this time is a girl I know for certain that many boys would love this gift too (Walter was rather crestfallen that I was giving this kit away instead of it going right into the playroom for him.)  I have firmly believed for some time that we are entering an age where our childrens toys play with the child instead of the child playing with the toy.  This fort kit does not have that problem.

Enjoy, gentle readers and Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!!! I AM SOO DOING THIS FOR MY NEXT KIDS GIFT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete